This is home sweet home after a beautiful storm in Hanover. I managed to make it up to Mad River Glen for my first run on tele skis this season. Emmy and I continued our adventures in Norwich, VT by taking on the Appalachian Trail with x-country skis. Skiing in the woods after 1.5 feet of snow on an uncut trail with white blazes is an interesting endeavor. We celebrated making it back to my vehicle with pink limbs by attending the "Christmas Revels" at the Hopkins Center, Dartmouth's performing arts center. It was a celebration of the winter solstice 15th century style with French song and dance. It was random, but at least I felt festive for 2 hours. There is limited time to enjoy the lovely snow that has suddenly made New England a fun place to be. It is scheduled to sleet and rain tomorrow, on Christmas Eve. I would rather shovel the driveway every day than live in gross gray slush.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
It snowed!
This is home sweet home after a beautiful storm in Hanover. I managed to make it up to Mad River Glen for my first run on tele skis this season. Emmy and I continued our adventures in Norwich, VT by taking on the Appalachian Trail with x-country skis. Skiing in the woods after 1.5 feet of snow on an uncut trail with white blazes is an interesting endeavor. We celebrated making it back to my vehicle with pink limbs by attending the "Christmas Revels" at the Hopkins Center, Dartmouth's performing arts center. It was a celebration of the winter solstice 15th century style with French song and dance. It was random, but at least I felt festive for 2 hours. There is limited time to enjoy the lovely snow that has suddenly made New England a fun place to be. It is scheduled to sleet and rain tomorrow, on Christmas Eve. I would rather shovel the driveway every day than live in gross gray slush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment