There is a thick layer of ice covering New England. What I appreciate here is the blue sky, a pleasant change of pace during this time of year. Snow-shoeing was the best activity this weekend, as the metal spikes were appropriate for the conditions. The x-country skiing was mildly less successful. A glide was possible, but the falls were hard. On my drive home, I was reminded that I am looking for a sunnier and snowier state.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Ice
There is a thick layer of ice covering New England. What I appreciate here is the blue sky, a pleasant change of pace during this time of year. Snow-shoeing was the best activity this weekend, as the metal spikes were appropriate for the conditions. The x-country skiing was mildly less successful. A glide was possible, but the falls were hard. On my drive home, I was reminded that I am looking for a sunnier and snowier state.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment